At Porter and Chester Institute, we care about our people—the students who attend our school and the staff who are dedicated to teaching them. If you’re ready for a fresh start and want to join a team in an energized environment, Porter Chester may be the right place for you. We’re looking for experienced and passionate professionals who are ready to educate the next generation of Nurses, Medical Assistants, Mechanics, Electricians, Plumbers, and IT specialists. Why should you start a new career at Porter and Chester Institute? So you can make a difference.
Why Work at Porter and Chester Institute
You have years’ worth of experience in the industry. You’ve honed your skills and learned a few tricks of the trade. Now you have an opportunity to pass that knowledge on to others. At Porter and Chester, you’ll shape the next generation of workers through your knowledge and experience. You’ll help our students strive for success and prepare them for entry-level jobs in the field. Most of all, you’ll make a difference in their careers and in their lives. Need a few more reasons to join Porter and Chester Institute?
- You Get to Give Back: You were a student once, too, and you’ve had a number of teachers, both at school and on the job. Now it’s time to pay it forward and train the next group of workers who can help to revitalize the industry you love.
- You’ll Aid the Workforce and the Community: The industries that we train students in, such healthcare, automotive technology, computer and network technology, and the trades, are all deemed essential in Connecticut and Massachusetts and are in need of employees. At Porter Chester, you’ll play a key role in training the students who will fill those positions in the future.
- You’ll Be Part of an Energetic Team: If you want to work with a team filled with positivity and passion, you’ve come to the right place. We are organized, focused, committed to student success, and always open to new possibilities.
Are You Qualified to Work at Porter and Chester?
Do you have knowledge, experience, licensure, and expertise in any of the programs we teach:
- Automotive Technology
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design
- Computer and Network Technology
- Dental Assisting
- Electronic Systems Technology
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, & Refrigeration
- Industrial, Commercial and Residential Electrician
- Medical Assisting
- Practical Nursing
What do we look for in our instructors? Are you qualified? If you match the criteria below, you may be a good candidate:
- Three to five years of work experience in the industry
- Certification or license to work in the industry
- Specialized licenses or degrees, such as a Registered Nurse license or a bachelor’s degree in nursing.