Get the Skills to Begin a Career in Welding in as few as 10 Months
If you want a skilled trades career where you combine technical precision with creativity, the Welding program at Porter and Chester Institute might be for you! Our hands-on Welding program can train you to perform Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), and Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW). You'll also learn about safety principles including identifying at-risk behavior, creating a safety plan, and conducting safety training. From aerospace applications to bridge construction, today's welders can find careers in a wide variety of industries!
- 100% on campus class and shop
- Program offered at: Bridgeport, CT and New London, CT
- Graduates earn a Diploma
- Program Length: 10 months
- Industry partnerships with Bridgeport Boat Works and Hornblower Marine
How/When to Apply
We start new sessions on a regular basis.
Next Start Date: August 14, 2023
At Porter and Chester Institute, we're making it easier than ever for you to enroll using our automated application portal. Upload your documents and start the financial aid process without the hassle of drawn-out application processes. And our admissions staff is still available to help you every step of the way. Taking control of your career just got easier!
On Campus Instruction
- Day classes: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm or Thursday, Friday, Saturday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Evening classes: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 5:30 pm to 10:30 pm and Friday, 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- Students will need approximately 30 hours per week for on-campus instruction, on-campus labs, reading assignments, and homework
- First week includes acclimation to the Learning Management System and school's electronic devices which you will use for certain classroom assignments
Is a Professional Trades Career Right for You?
Take the "PCI Trades Career Training Readiness Quiz"
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
Get your Trades Career Training Readiness score now!