Porter and Chester Institute (PCI) offers a Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) program that takes 12 months to complete. This program is offered 100% online and graduates earn a diploma.
While enrolled in the CADD program, students will learn helpful skills that can assist them in their career paths. Some of these include:
- How to turn concepts into usable computer-generated drawings, designs, and 3D components
- How to draw 2D and 3D (modeling) plans for buildings
- How to draw 2D and 3D (modeling) plans for manufacturing
- Work with programs such as AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit, and SolidWorks
- Fundamentals of construction and manufacturing processes
- How to interact with industry professionals
There are several courses within the CADD program that may help prepare students for working in their field. Some courses offered are:
- Commercial Design Principles
- Geometric Tolerancing
- Residential Design Principles
- Revit ME&P
- Revit Architecture
- Revit Structure
- Plastics Design Principles
- Fixture Design Principles
- Jig Design Principles
- Die Design Principles
Along with providing knowledge and experience in the CADD field, this program also offers students training in AutoCAD, Revit, SolidWorks, and more. Students will also get a laptop, books/ebooks, materials, and more included in the total cost of the program.
If you're looking to start a career in Computer Aided Drafting and Design, the CADD program at Porter and Chester Institute may be a great option for you. To learn more about the program, including tuition cost, financial aid information, scheduling, and more, visit the program description page. If you're ready to get started, go to the online application portal to enroll.