Porter and Chester Institute (PCI) offers a Cosmetology program that can be completed in as few as 12 months. This program is offered at the Rocky Hill, Connecticut campus and incudes 1552 instruction hours. Classes are conducted 100% in-person with clinical training in the final terms at the La Bella Vita on-campus salon.
Within the Cosmetology program, students will learn many useful skills and techniques that may be helpful for future career specialization. Some of these things include:
- Basic and advanced women's haircutting techniques
- How to properly shampoo and condition hair
- How to apply makeup and artificial lashes
- How to properly perm and relax hair with chemical breakdown
- Men's haircutting techniques
- Basics of nail care and enhancements
- How to style and sculpt different textures
- Professional image and communication
In addition to learning tangible skills for the cosmetology field, the program also covers prep for the licensing exam after students graduate with their diploma. After achieving a passing score on the state licensing exam, graduates may be qualified for jobs such as a hairstylist, makeup artist, shampooer, and more.