What Does it Take to be a Medical Assistant?
There are many careers within the medical field that individuals can be a part of - one of them being medical assisting. If you're interested in working with healthcare professionals, taking care of people, and excelling in the medical world, becoming a medical assistant could be a great option for you.
There are certain steps to take to become a medical assistant1:
1. Complete a Medical Assistant Program
- Graduate from an accredited educational program
- Receive an associate degree or equivalent education in the field
2. Earn a National Certification
- Certifications such as The American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
3. Get Out in the Field
- Use your education and knowledge to search for jobs in the field
There are also certain skills needed to be a medical assistant. Some of these include2:
- Administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer skills
- Following protocols
- Knowledge of basic medical procedures
If you're interested in becoming a medical assistant, the program at Porter and Chester Institute may be a good fit for you. To find out more details such as tuition cost, scheduling, and more, visit the program description webpage. To get started, go to the online application portal to apply.