At Porter and Chester Institute (PCI), students can earn a diploma in Medical Assisting in as few as 10 months. This program is offered in a hybrid format with lectures online and labs on campus and can be taken at the Bridgeport, Hamden, New London, Rocky Hill, and Waterbury, Connecticut campuses and the Brockton, Chicopee, and Worcester, Massachusetts campuses.
While in the Medical Assisting program, students will learn valuable skills such as:
- Patient privacy and medical records
- Medical insurance billing
- Working with insurance companies to get pre-approvals for procedures that require that
- Telephone and communication skills
- Medical law and ethics in the field
- Suture removal
- Patient intake and obtaining medical history and chief complaint
- Urine testing
- Vital signs and measurements
There are certain career specialties that an individual may be able to get involved in with training in the field of Medical Assisting (job eligibility may vary based on factors such as additional schooling, externships, other certifications or trainings, experience in the field, etc.). Some of these may include:
- Urgent Care
- Occupational Health
- Internal Medicine
Getting your diploma in Medical Assisting may be possible for you through PCI. To learn more about the program, such as tuition cost, course listings, grants and scholarships, etc., visit the program description page. If you're ready to take the next step in your higher-education journey, go to the online application portal to apply.