The Computer and Network Technology program at Porter and Chester Institute (PCI) is offered fully online and can be completed in as few as 12 months. Within the program, students will learn skills such as computer hardware and software installation, how to securely connect computers to company intranets and the Cloud, how to evaluate, test and maintain important updates to devices and their networks, and much more.
There are jobs within the field that a graduate may be able to become involved in. These can include:
Network Support Specialist
- Set up, troubleshoot, and repair different network equipment like routers, switches, wireless connections, etc.
- Install new network cabling
- Upgrade older cabling systems
Help Desk Analyst
- Assist users in solving computer problems
- Track issues through trouble ticketing
- Use professional automation and software
- Maintain and install computer installations such as file servers, domain controllers, print servers, etc.
- Set up new user accounts
- Upgrade software
PC Repair Technician
- Repair, upgrade, and maintain personal computers
- Replace hard drives
- Troubleshoot smartphones and tablets